PAS India invites proposals for programs that strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and India through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation. All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives. Examples of PAS Small Grants Program include, but are not limited to:
- U.S. experts conducting speaking tours/public talks, roundtable discussions, workshops, etc.;
- Academic and professional lectures and seminars;
- Cultural and arts programs/workshops/ performances and exhibitions;
- Development of initiatives aimed at maintaining contacts with alumni of our exchange programs;
Priority Program Areas
PAS India will utilize a variety of tools to advance the U.S. Mission India goals that includes:
- Programs related to bilateral trade, investment, economic integration, entrepreneurship, innovation, intellectual property rights, and women’s empowerment including English language teaching and learning programming on these themes.
- Programs related to promoting study in the United States, the internationalization of Indian universities, and/or capacity the building of linkages between American and Indian institutions of higher education as well as English language and academic skills prep programming for quota students.
- Programs on understanding the Indo-Pacific Partnership, including security cooperation and military/defense relations.
- Programs that address issues of regional security, counter terrorism, nonproliferation, cyber security, and countering violent extremism.
- Programs that seek to explain U.S. policies, culture, and values to Indian audiences, resulting in a positive impact on the bilateral relationship.
- Programs that seek to promote a better understanding of diversity, inclusion, religious freedom, gender rights, LGBTQ rights, persons with disabilities, underrepresented or otherwise disadvantaged communities, and other aspects of human rights.
- Creative programs that advance one or more of the priority areas to include but not limited to, democracy, counterterrorism, health security, regional and global security, trade relations, youth outreach, energy and environment, and travel, space science and technology, and tourism
- English language programming with an emphasis on promoting democratic values, good governance, and human rights, entrepreneurship, gender empowerment, and inclusion.
- Minimum (“Floor”) Award Amount: $5,000
- Maximum (“Ceiling”) Award Amount: $50,000
Participants and Audiences
PAS India’s target audiences include national and regional media; NGOs and think tanks; underserved communities; government officials (state, district, and municipal officials; policy makers, civil servants); cultural and educational leaders; next generation leaders (e.g., innovators, digital influencers, campus leaders); youth from underserved communities; Universities, and other minority communities.
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted electronically via given website.