Position: Program Manager-Outreach & Communication (full time, 6 months’ probation period)
Reports to: Sr. Program Manager
Starting date: Immediately
Travel: Required to Travel
Salary: Based on Experience
Working Time: 6 days in week
SELCO Foundation: Description SELCO Foundation is an open source, not for profit organization that engages in field-based R&D and ecosystem building for deployment of clean energy solutions that alleviate poverty in under-served areas. The organization works in collaboration with practitioners in the social sector, energy entrepreneurs, NGOs from various developmental sectors and educational institutions to link the benefits of sustainable energy for poverty eradication. More than 500 million people in India live without access to reliable energy. It has been proven time and again that sustainable Energy can be the catalyst for many of the poor and underserved communities to push them out of poverty by giving them tools for better education, access to cleaner fuels, better opportunities of livelihoods, improved health conditions etc. The Operation Manager, Institute Building will help weave collaborative relations that enable SELCO Foundation to effectively fulfill its mission.
Overview of the Role:
- The Program Manager at SELCO Foundation will be a key resource to accumulate information from various departments of the organization, treating/editing/compiling it for the purpose of various external stakeholders as well as planning and executing a dissemination strategy. The forms of content will include but not be limited to articles, case studies, research reports, videos and dissemination channels will include but not be limited to various print and online news agencies and content platforms, organization owned websites and blogs, special interest magazines as well as on partner platforms. The Program Manager would ascertain various outreach strategies for various departments and geographies, analyze budgetary requirements and execution plans for the outreach needs of the organisation. He/She will work with other departmental leads in advocating for the organisation with the help of various tools and techniques utilised in communication.
- The candidate should be able to understand and analyze ongoing and past work at SELCO Foundation, including priority areas, key projects/programmes/ work themes.
- The individual should be able to gauge the external communication landscape of other organizations & influencers, in the energy access space and allied work spaces.
- We seek individuals who can use both information sources – carve a niche, rigorously and regularly communicate the work and concepts to the external audiences & stakeholders via a detailed content building and content dissemination plan.
- The ideal candidate should be able to build and write content by accumulating information from the organizations teams as per the priority subjects, relevance to external stakeholders and time of dissemination.
- The individual should build media relations and partnerships to disseminate the communication materials to various channels and ensure publication.
- The candidate would be responsible for management and mentorship of team members based in Bangalore, and other offices for writing and management of outreach and communications while adhering to strict timelines.
- The candidate should also keep a track of publications and the reach gained, evaluate results, provide suggestions of course corrections and build the same into new plans made. The candidate should also be able to ascertain individual program/partners/funder needs and be able to integrate these into larger plans of the team and execute the same.
- The candidate would also be required to liaise with partners, especially peers in other organisations to build joint communication strategies and dissemination plans.
- The candidate would also be required to mentor, manage and lead the communications team to his/her best possible extent.
- A Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in creative writing, journalisim, media, communication, PR or an allied field.
- Hands-on, work experience of a minimum of 5 years especially in video and graphic production, journalism, media relations or creative writing and editorial management is required. Mixed/diverse experiences are preferred.
- Self-motivated, responsible and should be engaged and highly interested in the developmental agenda with an intention to be fully involved.
- Ability to learn quickly from multiple subject areas and be a team player with excellent managerial and people skills to mentor and motivate other team members
- Willingness to travel for 10-15 days in a month.
- Fluency in English and Kannada and knowledge of other local languages – Hindi, Odiya, Assamese is preferred.
Note: – Send in your CV and a Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for the post of “Program Manager – Outreach & Communication”