The Sumitomo Foundation is seeking grant proposals for Protection, Preservation & Restoration of Cultural Properties outside Japan.
The program is offered so that cultural properties outside Japan, the common heritage of human, be handed down to future generations.
- Grant Budget: Total budget for fiscal 2019 ¥35,000,000.
- Number of projects to be selected: Approximately 15.
- Duration of Grant: One (1) year, March 2020-March 2021.
- Eligible Applicants
- Applicants shall be the owners or administrators of the cultural properties or researchers who will actually conduct preliminary surveys.
- The following are not eligible in principle:
- profit-making corporations
- individuals who own cultural properties for profit or whose cultural properties are for private use only.
- Eligible Project
- Projects for the protection, preservation & restoration of cultural properties (i.e., fine arts or historical monuments) outside Japan, which are tangible, old and artistically or academically valuable, and ought to be handed down to future generations.
- Preliminary surveys immediately linked up with the projects.
- Eligible Expenses
- Expenses directly required for the projects
- Expenses are applicable only to the extent that they fall under the items set. Applicants should be reminded that the following are not applicable:
- Remuneration for services rendered by applicants and/or their collaborator(s). The term “collaborators” here refers to any researcher who conducts preliminary surveys in collaboration with applicants and may be considered co-author(s) in the event that the results of preliminary surveys are published.
- Administrative expenses of universities, research institutes, or other organizations to which applicants and/or their collaborator(s) belong.
- Expenses for procurement of any instrument, apparatus, or equipment for general use such as facsimile machines, copying machines, and the like.
Note: The submission of parallel applications for grants from The Sumitomo Foundation and from governments and/or other private organizations is acceptable.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Sumitomo Foundation.