The Food System Vision Prize is an invitation for organizations across the globe to develop a Vision of the regenerative and nourishing food system that they aspire to create by the year 2050.
The Rockefeller Foundation has partnered with SecondMuse and OpenIDEO to amplify the discourse on the state and the future of the world’s many food systems. And to empower communities globally to develop actionable solutions and become protagonists in their own food future.
The Rockefeller Foundation, the Sponsor of the Program, is a private foundation located in New York, New York that advances ideas to improve the well-being of humanity around the world. IDEO LP and SecondMuse LLC are administrators/organizers of the Program. The Sponsor and the administrators/organizers collectively shall be referred to in these Prize Terms and Conditions as “Program Entities.”
The challenges seem ominous: a global population approaching 10 billion, greenhouse gasses changing their climate, pollution poisoning their soil, air, and water. Yet, there are opportunities to address them if they act together to transform their food system.
What’s in it for applicants?
- $2M will be distributed to the Top Visionaries, who will be eligible to receive a prize of $200,000 each.
- The Finalists, who will be selected after a Refinement Phase that extends from 2 March – 17 April 2020, will also:
- Join a cohort of Visionaries addressing systemic food issues via a virtual Accelerator and in-person convening;
- Collaborate with a select team of advisors and stakeholders to further refine their Visions and find pathways to actualize them;
- Participate in an Accelerator during which they will have access to media and storytelling training and a global platform via media exposure, in order to attract partners, connections, and other funder and philanthropic networks;
- Refine and amplify their Visions further;
- If in full compliance with the Prize Terms and Conditions, be announced as a Top Visionary and have the opportunity to participate in a recognition ceremony.
- The Program is open to legally registered and organized entities, including organizations, universities, governments, NGOs, cooperatives, partnerships and companies that agree to be, and can be legally bound by these Prize Terms and Conditions.
- Existing or recent agents, affiliates and representatives of the Program Entities and any organization, university, government, NGO, cooperative, partnership or company, whose laws, guidelines, policies or regulations do not allow for entry in the Program or acceptance of the Prize consistent with the Prize Terms and Conditions, are not eligible for entry.
- Further, any limited liability partnership or limited liability company consisting of, or formed solely for the benefit of, a single individual is not eligible for entry. Individuals cannot enter the Program.
- Food System Vision Prize “Strategic Network Partners” are also not eligible for entry.
- Entrants that Sponsor believes in its sole discretion will not or cannot fully represent Sponsor’s charitable mission and/or its core values are not eligible for entry.
- The Program expressly excludes entrants from any country, and entities or persons, appearing on the list provided by the United States Treasury Department, Office of Foreign Asset Control (“OFAC”), whether, currently listed there, or subsequently listed at any time during the Program’s duration.
- At each phase of the Program, Program Entities reserve the right in their full discretion to verify the eligibility of any entrant, potential semi-finalist, potential Finalist or winner (“Top Visionary”) and its compliance in full with these Prize Terms and Conditions.
- Each entry must designate one individual, who is legally authorized to bind the Legally Registered Entity in connection with, and for purposes of, any aspect of this Program. This individual at the time of entry must be over the age of majority in the relevant jurisdiction(s) in which the Legally Registered Entity is organized and legally resides, and where the individual legally resides.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Fort more information, please visit Food System Vision Prize.