Applicants are invited to submit applications for “2020 Wells Mountain Initiative Scholars Program”.
Wells Mountain Initiative works to create social change through education and community building by providing bright young people in the developing world with student scholarships and skills training, building a network of grassroots leaders who are catalyzing community transformation.
The scholarship may be used for:
- Tuition and fees
- Books and materials
- Room rent and meals
- WMI scholarships range from $300 USD to $3000 USD annually and are provided throughout the undergraduate education of the recipient.
- While their maximum scholarship is $3000 USD, they rarely award this high an amount. Their average scholarship amount is $1500 USD.
The Ideal Candidate – A student, male or female, from a country in the developing world who:
- Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Is 35 or under on March 1, 2020
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world*
- Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- Will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance
*Scholars planning to study in the United States, Canada, Australia, UK or Western Europe will not qualify for a WMI Scholarship.
For more information, visit Wells Mountain Initiative.