Nominations are now open for the 2020 Global Water Awards to enhance the credibility of water based industries.
The 2020 Global Water Awards will be presented at the La Quinta De Jarama, Madrid on 30th March 2020, as part of the 2020 Global Water Summit.
Each year, the coveted Global Water Awards are presented at the Global Water Summit, the major business conference for the water industry worldwide.
Established in 2006 by Global Water Intelligence, the awards recognise the most important achievements in the international water industry within several categories, and reward those initiatives in the water, wastewater and desalination sectors that are moving the industry forward through improved operating performance, innovative technology adoption and sustainable financial models.
- Water Company of the Year;
- Desalination Company of the Year;
- Water Technology Company of the Year;
- Breakthrough Technology Company of the Year;
- Public Water Agency of the Year;
- Desalination Plant of the Year;
- Water Project of the Year;
- Wastewater Project of the Year;
- Industrial Project of the Year;
- Smart Water Project of the Year;
- Water Leaders Award;
- Water Technology Idol.
- Nominations are open to everyone;
- Anyone (as an individual or on behalf of a company) can nominate a company, project, plant, technology, deal or initiative to be recognised by the Global Water Awards;
- Individuals can submit nominations for themselves or others;
- Individuals can nominate in as many categories as they want, and nominate multiple times in each category.
- The company, project, or initiative must be able to demonstrate a significant contribution to the water industry. Specific factors to highlight are: improved operations and energy efficiency, technological innovation and the implementation of sustainable financial models;
- The outcomes of the project or initiative must have been reported in 2019;
- In the event that the company, project, or initiative is shortlisted after the nominations process, the company’s CEO should be available to attend the Global Water Awards Gala Dinner on 30 March, 2020 where the winner will be announced.
- Water Leaders Award: The Water Leaders’ Award goes to the publicly owned utility from a developing country that is able to demonstrate an outstanding step-change in performance improvement in 2019.
- The utility must by publicly owned;
- The utility must be from a developing country as defined by the United Nations;
- The utility must be able to demonstrate a step-change in performance improvement in the 2019 period
- In the event that the utility is shortlisted after the nominations process, the utility’s CEO should be available to attend the Global Water Awards Gala Dinner on 30 March, 2020 where the winner will be announced.
- Water Technology Idol 2020
- The technology must be early stage and be able to demonstrate realistic expectations for commercialization;
- In the event that the project is shortlisted after the nominations process, a senior representative from the company must be available to attend the Global Water Summit and make a 10 minute presentation at the designated session on the afternoon of 30 March 2020. Nominee presentations will be followed by Q & A from the judges and attending delegate audience. The winner will then be determined by a live audience vote at the end of the session.
For more information, visit Global Water Awards.