About the Organization:
Wellcome exists to improve health by helping great ideas to thrive. They support researchers, they take on big health challenges, they campaign for better science, and they help everyone get involved with science and health research.
International Exchange Programmes in Humanities, Social Science and Bioethics:
This funding enables researchers to run international exchange programmes. The exchanges will help to transform careers and shape the direction of future research.
Eligibility and Suitability:
Who can apply
You can apply for this award if you want to run an international exchange programme specialising in health-related humanities, social sciences or bioethics.
The exchange programme you propose must:
- help programme participants to transform their careers by experiencing academic life abroad
- enable you and the other programme leaders to shape the direction of your future work through global partnerships.
Your programme must have one leader based at an eligible UK organisation who is the lead applicant.
There must be at least one other programme leader (coapplicant) based at an eligible organisation anywhere in the world outside the UK. You can also have further partner organisations located in the same country or different countries (one of which could be in the UK).
Each applicant must have a permanent, open-ended or long-term rolling contract, or the guarantee of one. Your salary must be paid by your host organisation.
Programme leaders can be at different career stages. The lead applicant does not need to be the most experienced member of the group.
As a group, you must show in your application that you have:
- experience in running a research programme or network, or of delivering complex projects
- effective working relationships with each other through previous collaborations or shared research interests
- experience in supervising researchers.
Level of funding: Up to £1.5 million
Duration of funding: 3 to 5 years
This is a one-off scheme.
- Final information session (also live streamed on Facebook): 7 November 2019
- Preliminary applications deadline: 3 March 2020, 17:00 GMT
- Site visits: June/July 2020
- Full applications deadline: November 2020
- Review and shortlisting: February 2021
- Decision: March 2021
If you have a question about the research content or scope of your proposal, email email@example.com.
For more information please check the Link