To further strengthen the impact of the funding, the Rising Tide Foundation is launching this call for proposals to identify the best projects around the globe that have the objective to promote freedom and prosperity. They are interested in projects which go beyond theory, that apply their core beliefs in the lives of real people.
Rising Tide Foundation supports cancer research, social/ educational, and libertarian programs with a strong commitment to the empowerment and freedom of the individual. Its goal is to maximize individual potential, build competencies through education, create opportunities and advance the quality of life of cancer patients so that more people can flourish in life on their own terms.
Theory of Change
The Foundation believes that Freedom is the most important explanatory factor driving and shaping human well being around the world and see a substantial contribution through projects that show tangible impacts in the following impact areas:
- Private sector solutions: Develop private sector solutions to societal problems.
- System change: Offer solutions to the problems created by government and crony capitalist interventions. Projects that offer strategies for making such interventions unnecessary and unattractive going forward.
- Empowerment of individuals: Design and implement programs that enhance individuals’ capacities for self-determination, individual choice, and peaceful, voluntary cooperation in society.
- Teaching freedom: Discover methods to teach freedom in new ways to untapped audiences.
The Foundation believes that impact driven, bottom-up entrepreneurial initiatives (whether non-profit or for-profit) represent a largely untapped source of opportunitiy to advance the freedom of individuals and advance the general prosperity of society.
Focus & Objective
To surface existing and planned initiatives that empower individual freedom in one of its dimensions and hence advance the wellbeing of individuals in the long-term. Application areas could be, for example, personal liberty, freedom of speech, improved property rights, economic independence, less regulated entrepreneurship, innovation in education, private sector solutions to public issues, etc. The Foundation is committed to indentifying and funding the most innovative, disruptive and impactful projects worldwide.
RTF welcomes grants from 50’000 USD up to 1 Million USD over no more than 5 years. RTF does not give unrestricted funding nor do we fund significant overhead.
Approaches: In order to qualify for selection, projects need to advance the freedom of the individual through one of the following two approaches:
- Directly enhance the freedom of individuals along at least one of its dimensions by:
- reducing obstacles, barriers, constraints or interference from others to the freedom of the individual through innovative approaches (not including general awareness, publication or policy work), or
- enabling individuals, that may otherwise not have the chance, to access transformational interventions (non-governmental) and programs that empower them to live an independent, sustainable and self-determined life (not including scholarships).
- Design, pilot or implement bottom-up alternatives to existing government solutions to societal issues organized as decentralized networks, private sector organizations, NGOs etc.
Types: The projects should further fall into one of the following two types of projects:
- Funding of training & incubation in some form of entrepreneurship: Projects by incubators, accelerators or training institutions that provide skills, training and funding access to individuals, communities, non-/for-profit organizations.
- Direct project funding: Grant funding will be provided to non-profit or hybrid organizations for testing, implementation or scale up of their focus activities.
The following types of projects are excluded from funding: projects run by individuals; projects run by organizations with a political or religious mission; infrastructure; humanitarian aid; conferences and travel.
Geographic focus: Preference is given to regions where the political infrastructure is robust enough to allow free market principles to be promoted, and the rule of law can realistically be expanded and grow.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to submit a short Letter of Intent (LOI) via given website.
For more information, visit Rising Tide Foundation.