The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is seeking applications for funding for accelerating Sustainability of Public Health Systems in India to Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Infectious Disease Outbreaks and Other Public Health Emergencies.
The purpose of this Notice of Funding Opportunity Announcement (NOFO) is to strengthen district, state and national public health systems in India to sustain and continue advancement of Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) priorities to prevent, detect, and respond to disease threats across the country.
This NOFO will help augment and transition GHSA assisted activities increasingly to Government of India (GoI) including, but not limited to the following Ministry of Family Health and Welfare (MoHFW) institutions: National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC); National Health Mission (NHM); and Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). Other key institutions include the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying (MoFAD); the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA); and the All Indian Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS).
This NOFO will focus on supporting logistical and technical requirements in five core public health capacities among these GoI institutions: antimicrobial resistance (AMR); workforce development capacity; surveillance and outbreak response; safe laboratory systems and diagnostics; public health emergency response capacity.
Primary focus will be on preventing antimicrobial resistance; training a public health workforce; tracking and reporting diseases; building strong laboratory systems; and setting up responsive Emergency Operations Centers. Also, this NOFO will continue to support GHSA governance efforts within the GoI for effective implementation and support IHR (2005) compliance.
- Total Period of Performance Funding: $30,000,000;
- Average One Year Award Amount: $2,000,000;
- Total Period of Performance Length: 5 year(s).
- Component 1: Core Global Health Security Priorities;
- Component 2: Rapid Response to Small Scale Infectious Disease Outbreaks or other Public Health Emergencies;
- Component 3: Rapid Response to Large Scale Infectious Disease Outbreaks or other Public.
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities;
- State governments;
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education;
- City or township governments;
- Independent school districts;
- County governments;
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized);
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education;
- Special district governments;
- Private institutions of higher education;
- For profit organizations other than small businesses;
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments);
- Small businesses;
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education.
How to Apply
The first step in submitting an application online is registering your organization at Grants.gov.
For more information, visit DHHS/CDC.