The U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Section in New Delhi is soliciting proposals from legally recognized non-profit, non-governmental organizations that meet U.S. and Indian technical and legal requirements to develop and implement public diplomacy programs.
The main goal of the program is to effectively educate agents/market movers in the higher education counselling field in India with official information on U.S. higher education.
- Increase agents’ understanding of the goals and steps of the U.S. admissions process, as evidenced by pre- and post-tests administered at beginning and end of training.
- Dispel myths on U.S. immigration policy linked to studying in the United States using publicly available information and, whenever possible, working with the U.S. Mission to bring trained consular officials to speak to the target audience, as evidenced by pre- and post-tests administered at beginning and end of training.
- Increase effective application of training to agents’ advising activities.
- Training of (60)participating agents, (10) from each consular district in India.
- Identification of (60) participating agents upon satisfactory completion of training and post-test performance.
- Other means proposed by applicants.
- Minimum (“Floor”) Award Amount: $ 150,000
- Maximum (“Ceiling”) Award Amount: $ 200,000
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education;
- Civil society/non-governmental organizations;
- Think tanks;
- Public and private educational institutions;
- Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions.
For more information, visit Grants.gov.