Grant title: Applications for WWF-India’s Small Grants Innovation Program
Deadline: 30th November 2019
With the aim of encouraging young Indians to respond innovatively and independently to the conservation issues which affect the country, WWF-India is offering eligible individuals a one-time grant of upto INR 400,000 over a maximum period of 2 years for undertaking conservation research/ action research.
The grants will be used to fund research and initiatives which especially demonstrate innovation that is replicable, scalable and sustainable. Around the globe, conservationists are employing the latest technological advances to make a difference for people, wildlife, oceans, and forests and clean water.
The SGIP will provide grants to individuals for activities and/or research that address issues and offer solutions or insights towards:
- Species and habitat related problems and concerns – with a focus on immediate threats and issues
- Enabling communities and other stakeholders to address local environmental concerns
- Improving local livelihoods through conservation and natural resource management or promoting livelihoods that reduce impacts on biodiversity
- Applicants must demonstrate sound knowledge of environmental conservation and of the particular geographical area or issue that they wish to contribute to through their project. The duration of the project should be between 6 to 24 months and the scale of the project should be such that funding awarded covers the total or the majority of the requirements.
- Proposals meeting some or all of the following criteria will receive priority consideration:
- Contribute to WWF India’s mission of conservation and priority will be given to initiatives located in WWF India’s priority landscapes or geographies (see www.wwfindia.org)
- Achieve a clear outcome within the project timeframe that can be scaled up or replicated
- Encourage participatory or community-based conservation and natural resource management
How to apply
To be considered for a Small Grant for Innovation, interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- A completed project proposal
- A current curriculum vitae
- At least two professional references (details to be added in the proposal)
For more information please check the Link