UNDP in partnership with MoEFCC and with support from Global Environment Facility (GEF) is implementing a project on “Market Transformation and Removal of Barriers for Effective Implementation of the State-Level Climate Change Action Plans” with an overall goal to reduce GHG emissions achieved through implementation of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency solutions at the state level in Manipur.
Objective of this empanelment is to engage an agency to promote and scaleup renewable energy-based livelihood opportunities in Manipur. The selected agency will carry out district wise assessment of demand for renewable energy integrated livelihood packages and financial estimation. The main objective is to facilitate financing and implementation of 300 RE based livelihood activities in the state over the next six months.
Scope of Work
- Mapping of existing RE based livelihood activities and standalone livelihood activities that can be operated through RE integration in the state and have substantial scaleup scope.
- Development and finalization of 5-10 renewable energy technology packages for rural livelihood.
- Mapping of new demand & upscaling of existing RE based livelihood application.
- Identification of challenges including the perceived risks that limits end-user adoption of RE/solar-powered livelihood application including financing RE livelihood packages.
- Identification of potential beneficiaries/SHGs/small & micro entrepreneurs/etc. for adoption of RE/solar-powered livelihood application in the state.
- Analysis of existing National & state Govt. schemes for promotion of RE based livelihood applications in rural and peri urban areas of the state.
- Way forward strategies to overcome the identified barriers (technical and financial).
- Financing and implementation of 300 RE based livelihood activities in Manipur state.
- General Organizational Capacity
- Has the Agency adequate organizational capacity to implement similar activities?
- Legal status
- Has the agency or their consortium partners, if any, is legally registered Microfinancing Institution (MFI) in Manipur with over 10 years of experience in the state?
- Domain experience
- Has the agency or their consortium partners, if any, possess experience of working in renewable energy and / or livelihood sector; and provided more than 1000 loans in the last financial year (2019-20)?
- Team Qualification and Experience
- Has the Team proposed by the agency for the assignment fulfil following minimum required qualification and experience?
- Livelihood Expert-cum-Team Leader
- Postgraduate in social science/ science/ engineering/ management with minimum 5 years of experience in development and implementation of livelihood programmes OR graduate in social science/science/ engineering/ management with minimum 10 years of similar experience.
- Renewable Energy Expert:
- Postgraduate in engineering/ management with minimum 5 years of experience in renewable energy sector OR graduate engineer with minimum 10 years of similar experience
- Finance Expert:
- Postgraduate in social science/ science/ engineering/ management with minimum 5 years of experience in fund raising/ loan syndication/ project financing/ micro-financing/ venture capitalist OR graduate in social science/science/ engineering/ management with minimum 10 years of similar experience.
For more information, visit UNDP.