The data.org Inclusive Growth and Recovery Challenge is an open call for breakthrough ideas that harness the power of data science to help people and communities thrive especially in the wake of COVID-19’s economic impact.
Transformative change can happen only by tapping into the expertise of a broad pool of thinkers and doers. As part of the commitment to building the field of data science for social impact, data.org launched a $10 million data.org Inclusive Growth and Recovery Challenge.
The Challenge will award up to ten winners with data science talent, software, training, and funding from $10K up to $10 million USD in a mix of grant-funding, technical support & consulting, media production, marketing and promotional outreach, and software & infrastructure licenses.
The Challenge is open to any individual, organization, or collaboration from anywhere in the world. They welcome entries from the following:
- Individuals 18+ and above
- Governments and U.N. agencies
All entries must have a charitable purpose and accrue no private benefit.
Except for North Korea, Sudan, Iran, Crimea, Syria, and Cuba.
All entries will be evaluated based on the following:
- Addressing an important inclusive growth challenge.
- Presenting a proposal that can be adapted to different cases.
- Creating a project that can be expanded on a larger scale.
- Meeting reasonable resource and execution req’s with manageable risks.
- Designing an insightful and new application of data science.
For more information, visit data.org.