Shift Power for Peace has launched a call for applications for the Digital Fund 2020.
Local peacebuilders can apply for a micro-grant to enable them to continue their work and adapt to more digital working during the period of closures and restrictions brought about by the COVID-19 outbreak.
This fund is designed to support you to access the digital tools needed to continue your peacebuilding work, even remotely, during the period of lockdown and restrictions brought about by COVID-19. This fund is primarily for the purchase of phone credit, basic equipment, software and other communications tools.
Applicants can apply for funds between $50 and $750.
Any individual, group or organisation that meets the following criteria can apply for the fund:
- Is carrying out peacebuilding work in a fragile or conflict affected country, defined as any activities that have a strong direct impact on peaceful outcomes in a community, including:
- Contributing to the reduction of key drivers of conflict
- Working with communities to develop their own peace initiatives
- Contributing to the creation or reform of grievance management and justice systems
- Supporting actors to resist violence and provocation
- Increasing the security of the population and the sense of security
- Has been carrying out this work for a minimum of six months
- Refuses to use violence or weapons in your work, and embraces the concept of non-violence
- Is engaging in locally or nationally focused work (meaning the impacts of peacebuilding activities are intended for the context you currently operate within)
- Is not a branch of an international organisation.
For more information, visit Digital Fund.