The Joke Waller-Hunter Initiative is seeking applications for its Grant Program to promote lasting change towards a more sustainable world the environmental movement is in constant need of inspirational and skilful leadership.
- Implementing or developing any projects;
- Paying indirect costs, administration fees or salaries of other persons besides the grantee.
- 10 grants of 2.500 Euro
- 4 grants of 5.000 Euro
- 2 grants of 7.000 Euro
- The nominator should be someone who knows the candidate well and is familiar with her/his aims and goals and can vouch for her/his bona fides. Self-nomination is in no case accepted by JWH Initiative.
- Candidates should be ‘young’ people who work or are affiliated with environmental CSO’s in developing countries and emerging economies who have shown potential for and interest in further developing their leadership. (They generally define ‘young’ as individuals under 35 years of age. However, it mainly refers to people who work in junior positions in their organisations who have the potential and ambition to develop into a leadership role.)
- The candidate, furthermore, has proof of an excellent track record in: fully embracing the idea of sustainable development with a focus on ecological sustainability; being committed to working for the CSO sector; showing potential and ambition towards becoming a leader in his/her field of work, such as being inspirational to others, working with communities, etc.
- Application for nominations must be done in English. The information provided should be typed appropriately in the spaces provided in the nomination form. All fields need to be filled in. Failure to fill in the form correctly and completely might render the nomination invalid.