About the Organization:
Olam International are a leading food and agri-business, supplying food ingredients, feed and fibre to thousands of customers worldwide, ranging from multi-national organisations with world famous brands to small family run businesses. Through their purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, they aim to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders.
Olam Prize for Innovation in Food Security 2021
Awarded in partnership with Agropolis Fondation, the Prize recognises an innovative scientific research project for its potential impact on the availability, accessibility, affordability and adequacy of food, in line with UN SDG#2: End Hunger.
Olam International and Agropolis Fondation are on the hunt for ground-breaking scientific research that can deliver transformational impacts within global agriculture and win a USD$75,000 grant to support development and implementation.
Unlike other research awards, the Olam Prize for Innovation in Food Security requires clear evidence of potential short-term impact on food availability, affordability, adequacy, and accessibility. The fourth edition of the biennial Prize follows the recent warning from the UN World Food Programme that the COVID-19 pandemic will double the number of people suffering acute hunger by the end of 2020, bringing food security firmly into the world’s spotlight.
- Open to academic or research institutions, civil societies and the private sector;
- Applications can focus on any region, environment, crop or part of the agricultural supply chain.
- The scientific research project should be innovative and has potential impact on the availability, accessibility, affordability and adequacy of food.
Grant: The winner will receive an unrestricted US$75,000 grant for the scaling up of proven research.
- Applications received before 30 November 2020 will be considered for publicity opportunities on Olam’s corporate channels.
- Entries close on 11th January 2021 and will be judged by an independent jury of experts and awarded in conjunction with the Agropolis Louis Malassis International Scientific Prizes for Agriculture and Food.
For more information please check the Link