About the Organization:
The International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) formed the Youth Network in 2003 to give advice, help and representation to the cooperative youth movement. Their members and adherents are young people from all nationalities, who are working together to build more just and equitable societies. The Youth Network’s role is to bring together young people from different regions to share ideas. Young people come from a wide range of situations but have the same needs – tools to develop projects, opportunities to work and learn, a forum to debate and propose different views about how cooperatives can organize, improve lives and transform communities.
Youth are the future, but, as we all stated in the Global Youth Forum in Malaysia, we are also the present, and the action starts now. With this in mind, the Youth Network created the Replication Project with the goal of having young people come together to start new cooperative projects.
The Replication Project is an initiative of the Youth Network, lead and managed by the Executive Committee, in order to understand existing cooperative youth projects, and to support replication of existing models and create new ones.
The program will be launched this year and aims to have a global reach. They will choose at least 8 projects (two per region) and fund them with a maximum of EUR 10,000 per project. They will also recruit mentors from the ICA network to help support the building of strong foundations and structures.
- The applications will be reviewed by the members of the Youth Network Executive Committee and a representative who provided the funds for the project (the International Summit of Cooperatives).
- A minimum of two projects from each ICA region will be selected and we will fund the creation of different types of coops.
- The judges will evaluate the applications based on the answers to each question in the application form.
- The short-listed projects will have a Skype call with one of the Youth Network Executive Committee members in their region and a second neutral evaluator.
What kinds of projects are eligible for this program?
- Collective and cooperative projects led by young people and with an impact on youth.
- It would better if they were inspired by a similar project started somewhere else.
Full information about the evaluations will be communicated to those who win the project upon signature of the contract. Evaluation criteria:
- Business model and timeline
- Growth goals (after a year)
- Cooperative principle embodiment
- Team and mentor evaluation
A first evaluation of the project will be completed and presented to Cooperative Congress in February/March 2021 in Seoul. All applicants will be required to provide a final report including a written summary of the process and development of the coop and a video summary before the end of July 2021.
Funding: Maximum of EUR 10,000 per project
- May 2020: Launch call for project proposals
- May 2020: Launch call for mentors
- 16 August 2020 at midnight (Belgium time): Deadline for project proposals
- 15 September 2020: Winning projects selected
- 30 September 2020: Mentors matched with projects
- 1 October 2020: Allocation of first half of funds, projects begin
- 1 February 2021: First report due, evaluation of projects, and allocation of additional funds upon receipt
- 1 August 2021: Projects should finish work, final report due
For more information please check the Link