The Maypole Fund is currently seeking applications from women only with an aim to resource imaginative, non-violent activities by feminist anti-militarist women whether individual women or women only groups to proactively challenge patriarchy.
The Maypole Fund is seeking applications from women only for projects and activities for any of the following:
- action against the arms trade
- action against nuclear weapons and weapons systems
- creating a culture of peace and nonviolence and the prevention of conflict and war
- action to support disarmament policies, processes and related initiatives
The Maypole Fund was set up in 1986 by women involved in the peace movement, especially with Greenham Common. Today, they are a group of feminists coming from various political backgrounds.
The Maypole Fund gives grants of up to £750.
- Young women’s groups/individuals and lesbian groups/individuals.
- Activities or projects not yet started.
- Women who do not have access to other sources of funding or whose projects find it difficult to attract funding from elsewhere.
- Imaginative/creative activities.
- Individual and small women’s groups over larger established women’s groups.
For more information, visit Maypole Fund