UNCDF is seeking an organization to deliver courses (mixed online, offline, offsite) on inclusive digital remittances and financial services for migrants and their families.
- Two distinct groups of stakeholders in relevant organizations and sectors, such as (1) policymakers and regulators from central banks, financial regulatory authorities, telecommunications regulatory bodies and development partners; and (2) leaders from remittance providers, banks, mobile money providers, mobile network operators, financial intermediaries, and microfinance institutions.
- Maximum 100 people will be trained in total (approximately 40–50 people in each course cohort).
Preferred Course Structure
- One common module for all stakeholders and two specific modules, one for each of the two distinct groups of stakeholders.
- Online component – Faculty-led lectures/modules should be held online with asynchronous online discussions and groupwork.
- Offline component – After completing the online content, few participants will be selected to convene for an intensive in-person session of maximum two weeks during which participants, across the two groups – policymakers/regulators and private sector, to deepen their knowledge and engagement.
- Online coursework and delivery to be available in English and French. Translation services to be provided for the online and offline component as required.
- Mixed online, offline, and offsite courses.
- Lectures with supplementary teaching materials such as readings, online discussions, group work and tutors.
- Low tech options where possible to support slow internet speeds.
- Correspondence with UNCDF: English
- Content delivery: English and French.
UNCDF contributions may range up to 250,000 USD
The project is expected to have a 28-month duration. Activities are expected to be terminated no later than 30th December 2022.
Only applications that meet the eligibility requirements and minimum criteria for the submission will be scored.
- The applicant/ lead applicant must be a registered entity.
- The applicant or lead applicant must be an educational organization (commercial forprofit firms, educational institutions, non-profit organizations, universities).
- Applicants may apply only once under this RFA, whether independently or in a consortium.
- Applicants may apply independently or in a consortium, provided that the consortium has a pre-established partnership prior to when this request for applications was issued.
- The lead applicant must be a registered entity with at least one year of operations, and must have statutory accounts and audited financial statements for at least one operating year.
- Applicants shall not have been the subject of bankruptcy, liquidation, judicial settlement, safeguarding, cessation of activity or any other similar situation resulting from a similar procedure.
- Applicants and any of their staff or member of their board of directors shall not be included in the the United Nations financial sanctions lists, particularly in the fight against the financing of terrorism and against attacks on international peace and security;
- Applicants must not be involved in any of the following activities
- Manufacture, sale or distribution of controversial weapons or their components, including cluster bombs, anti-personnel mines, biological or chemical weapons or nuclear weapons
- Manufacture, sale or distribution of armaments and/or weapons or their components, including military supplies and equipment
- Replica weapons marketed to children
- Manufacture, sale or distribution of tobacco or tobacco products
- Involvement in the manufacture, sale and distribution of pornography
- Manufacture, sale or distribution of substances subject to international bans or phase-outs, and wildlife or products regulated under the CITES
- Gambling including casinos, betting etc. (excluding lotteries with charitable objectives)
- Violation of human rights or complicity in human rights violations
- Use or toleration of forced or compulsory labor
- Use or Toleration of Child Labor
- Applicants shall have fullfilled all the obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions or obligations relating to the payment of taxes in accordance with legal provisions in force in the country of incorporation.
For more information, visit UNCDF.