About the Organization:
The Adolph and Esther Gottlieb Foundation has been operating since 1976 with two main purposes. They offer grants to individual visual artists through two programs: an annual Individual Support Grant and a separate program to assist visual artists in cases of catastrophic events through an Emergency Grant program. We also maintain an archive on the art and life of Adolph Gottlieb and organize exhibitions of his art and that of others.
About the Grant:
The Adolph and Esther Gottlieb Emergency Grant program is intended to provide interim financial assistance to qualified painters, printmakers, and sculptors whose needs are the result of an unforeseen, catastrophic incident, and who lack the resources to meet that situation. Each grant is given as one-time assistance for a specific emergency, examples of which are fire, flood, or emergency medical need.
Grant Amount: $15,000
- To be eligible for this program, an artist must be able to demonstrate a minimum involvement of ten years in a mature phase of his or her work. Artists must work in the disciplines of painting, sculpture or printmaking.
- Each application will be reviewed by the Directors, who will exercise their discretion in considering it, and will determine the amount of each award.
- Applicants should note there is a set amount appropriated for these grants each fiscal year; once this budgetary limit has been reached, the Foundation will not be able to judge any additional requests on their merits.
- Second-party requests are honored only when the applicant is physically unable to communicate with the Foundation.
- Review procedures for completed applications begin as soon as they are received. Full review generally takes about four weeks from the time an application is complete.
- Situations with imminent deadlines will receive priority.
How to Apply:
Application can be done from the online portal.
Deadline: 30th September, 2020
For more information please check the Link