About the Organization:
The Adolph and Esther Gottlieb Foundation has been operating since 1976 with two main purposes. We offer grants to individual visual artists through two programs: an annual Individual Support Grant and a separate program to assist visual artists in cases of catastrophic events through an Emergency Grant program. We also maintain an archive on the art and life of Adolph Gottlieb and organize exhibitions of his art and that of others.
About the Grant:
Adolph Gottlieb began his career as an artist in New York in the 1920s, with no expectation of financial reward.Over the course of his life Gottlieb had several friends and colleagues who, despite their artistic achievements, were not able to support themselves either through the sale of their art or through teaching or related work. Adolph and his wife Esther were known among their friends as people who would help out when times were hard or when someone was in serious need.
In that spirit, Adolph left instructions in his will that a foundation be created to benefit “mature, creative painters and sculptors.” When Adolph died in 1974, this paragraph became a mandate for an artists’ estate to develop a program that would provide direct financial assistance to individual artists.
Grant Amount: $25,000
- These grants are available only to mature individual visual artists. The Foundation defines maturity in this case as having worked for 20 years or more in a mature phase of art.
- The Gottlieb Foundation does not fund organizations, educational institutions, students, graphic artists, or those working in crafts.
- The disciplines of photography, film, video, or related forms are not eligible unless the work directly involves, or can be interpreted as, painting or sculpture.
- The Foundation does not fund exhibitions, installations, or projects of any kind.
How to Apply:
- Application can be done from the online portal.
- Please note that applicants who have previously received an Individual Support Grant from this Foundation three times or more are no longer eligible to apply.
Deadline: December 15th, 2020
For more information please check the Link