About the Organization:
At Cigna, they aim to deliver affordable, predictable, and simple health care for our customers, patients, and clients. Cigna is a global health services company dedicated to improving the health, well-being, and peace of mind of those they serve. Their goal is to provide the right services and solutions, in the right setting, at the right time, to address the diverse health needs of our customers and patients in a highly personalized way – each and every day.
Healthier Kids for Our Future Food Insecurity Grant
One of the focuses of the Healthier Kids for Our Future initiative is to address childhood hunger and improve nutrition. Research has shown that food insecurity can significantly affect a child’s short and long-term health, and may lead to poorer health outcomes later in life.
They want to work with organizations that are on the ground, in the communities, working to address food security throughout the world. They have learned that schools—at least in the U.S. and in many countries—are a focal point for addressing this issue and in most cases, already have programs supporting at-risk populations. With that in mind, they want to fill the gaps that exist in and outside the school environment.
They are looking for programs that attempt to address these, and other gaps, in delivering food and nutritional education to children. The Cigna Foundation is looking for programs that bracket or augment in-school efforts in the following areas:
- Community-based programs that support children and families’ access to healthy meals and nutritional education outside the school setting, on weekends and during the summer
- Food and nutritional programs that provide support for expecting mothers and caregivers
- Support for programs that address the needs of pre-school children
- Health provider/clinician efforts that provide nutritional education to patients and/or food as prescription programming
- School-based programs that enhance or augment state and/or federal assistance efforts
Amount: The Healthier Kids for Our Future Initiative will provide up to a total of $5 million in grants to community organizations over the next year. Note that this includes food insecurity grants and mental health grants. Individual award amounts are not specified.
Eligibility: Nonprofit organizations with budgets over $250,000 that serve children (newborn to 12th grade).
For more information please check the Link