About the Organization:
The Fuqua School of Business is the business School of Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. They enroll more than 1,300 students in degree-seeking programs. Duke Executive Education also offers non-degree business education and professional development programs. Their MBA program was ranked the 9th best business school in the US by The Economist in 2019, and 10th in the US by The Financial Times in 2020.
The Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship (CASE) prepares leaders and organizations with the business skills needed to achieve lasting social change.
Fred Morgan Kirby Prize for Scaling Social Impact
It is an annual global prize of $100,000 USD in unrestricted funds that amplifies and accelerates the work of enterprises working to scale their impact on social or environmental problems around the world.
What is your social impact area(s)?
- Arts & Culture;
- Civil Society;
- Community Involvement;
- Disaster Relief/ Public Safety;
- Economic Development;
- Food and Nutrition;
- Health & Human Services;
- Science and Technology;
- Youth Development;
- Other: please describe.
Your proposed solution should address one or more of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- Health and Wellbeing;
- Gender Equality;
- Clean Water and Sanitation;
- Affordable and Clean Energy;
- Work and Economic Growth;
- Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure;
- Reduced Inequalities;
- Sustainable Cities and Communities;
- Responsible Consumption and Production;
- Climate Action;
- Life Below Water;
- Life on Land;
- Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions;
- Partnerships for the Goals.
What is your organizational structure?
- For-profit enterprise
The F. M. Kirby Impact Prize is open to all impact enterprises, working anywhere in the world, that meet the following criteria:
- Any nonprofit or for-profit social enterprise working anywhere in the world
- Enterprise has strong evidence of impact over at least 3 years and has a plan for how to use the prize to scale that impact in the next 3-5 years
- The enterprise has a robust non-discrimination policy that protects against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, and disability
- Has exemplary leadership that aligns with the core values of Fred Morgan Kirby, including integrity, resourcefulness, resilience, meaningful collaboration and diversity.
For more information please check the Link