The Ekhagastiftelsen Foundation is offering grants to promote human health by supporting the development of better food, natural medicines and healing practices, and to support research for a healthier way of life, which in itself may have a disease preventive effect.
- Better and healthier food: For Gösta Videgård an important goal was the improvement in quality of agricultural products through agriculture without toxins and artificial substances. The foundation therefore supports research and development based on the principles of organic and biodynamic food production or other methods and orientations that promote this goal. Research should be in line with IFOAMs (International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements) principles of organic production.
- Nutrition and way of life: Gösta Videgård was very interested in significance of the diet for humans. The Foundation therefore supports research into the role of the diet in the treatment of diseases and strengthening the body’s resistance.
- Complementary medicine and natural medicines: Gösta Videgårds had a keen interest in complementary medicine and its goal of curing diseases by using the body’s own innate healing abilities and utilize natural healing powers.
- Ekhagastiftelsen does not have any restrictions regarding from which country an application can come. They accept applications from all over the world.
- For applications that do not come from Europe they strongly recommend that you have a reserach cooperation with a swedish institution where the partner is involved in the research project. Please be sure to describe the details of the cooperation.
- The Foundation does not have any formal requirements that applications can only come from institutions (universities, colleges, research institutions, etc.).
- It is possible to apply for scholarships, but these are normally only granted for research related projects. They do not sponsor basic education at university level.