About the Organization:
UNIFOR is a non-profit organization with more than 25 years of experience in managing foundations. They manage private foundations that support research and higher education, art and music and other non-profit purposes. Most of the foundations support purposes at UiO, NTNU, NMBU and the Norwegian Academy of Music, but also other non-profit purposes in, for example, municipalities. UNIFOR offers asset management and business management to foundations. They focus on sound management with a long-term investment analysis and low costs.
The Minor Foundation for Major Challenges Grant Program
The Minor Foundation for Major Challenges (MFMC) is a Norwegian foundation that supports communication projects which advance the transition to a low carbon economy.
MFMC supports projects that support urgent, large-scale transformation, with a focus on changing policies and practices in public or private institutions. The foundation’s priorities for the 2019-2023 period are to –
- encourage and support innovation in climate communication
- increase the number of voices and narratives in climate advocacy
- help strengthen social and political movements that open up for radical change
- concentrate on supporting European proposals
Please note that the foundation will not consider applications that have a purely local focus, that focuses on implementation of community-level projects such as forest conservation, tree planting, climate change adaptation, or that primarily seek to disseminate climate-related information to the general public.
MFMC traditionally announces six calls for applications every year, in two different categories: large and small grants.
- In this category, MFMC is looking for projects typically in the range of EUR 20,000 to EUR 200,000, although larger projects may be considered.
- The application process consists of two steps, where interested organizations are asked to initially submit a short pitch.
- Based on this, the organization may be invited to submit a full application if the MFMC board finds the project appealing.
- In this category, it is possible to apply for smaller grants of up to EUR 10,000 in a simplified one-stage process.
- Applications will be assessed by the MFMC board based on its aims and strategy.
For more information please check the Link