About the Organization:
Invest in Spain is an Executive Directorate of ICEX Spain Trade & Investment, a Government Body chaired by the Secretary of State for Trade of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism. Their chief mandate is to attract foreign direct investment to Spain. Their services include information, advise and support to industrial and financial investors interested in the Spanish market. ICEX Spain Trade and Investment is a public corporation at the national level whose mission involves promoting the internationalisation of Spanish companies to support their competitiveness and add value to the economy as a whole, as well as attracting foreign investment to Spain.
‘Rising Up in Spain’ Program 2020
An acceleration program to attract talent and international entrepreneurs to Spain, created and managed by ICEX-Invest in Spain, whose mission is to contribute to reinforce and internationalize the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Spain. The goals of the program are:
- To promote Spain and the Spanish entrepreneurial ecosystem internationally
- To help attract talent and innovative entrepreneurial projects to Spain.
- To enable the return of Spanish entrepreneurs engaged in projects abroad and provide mechanisms for collaboration between Spanish and foreign entrepreneurs.
- To capture international funding for innovative entrepreneurial projects and increase specific investment opportunities in activities with high-added value in Spain.
Who can Apply?
The program seeks foreign startups, foreign entrepreneurs and non-resident Spanish entrepreneurs that have an innovative project with an already positive feedback from the market. It is intended for startups that will eventually establish their company in Spain, or whose company is already established in Spain but less than 12 months old a the begining of the competition.
What qualifies as a foreign startup?
- Companies incorporated with at least 10% of the capital by a foreign company or individual, or a non-resident Spanish citizen
- Foreign or non-resident Spanish entrepreneurs
A panel of experts from the Spanish entrepreneurial ecosystem will evaluate the projects entered into the competition. The evaluation will be conducted in accordance with the selection criteria listed below:
The projects will be chosen by 4 criteria:
- The technology the project incorporates and the extent to which it is disruptive (25%)
- The business plan and its economic-financial feasibility (25%)
- The product validation and growth potential (25%)
- The management team (25%)
- Visa support services (fast-track).
- Free workspace in a renowned incubator
- Specialized mentoring to support the process of fundraising and market development in Spain.
- Media impact to increase your visibility in the Spanish market.
- Free access to forums and events.
- B2B meetings with Spanish corporates.
For more information please check the Link