Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative launches its Wave 9 round of funding today, focused on drug-resistant tuberculosis (DR-TB). Wave 9 funding is being launched in collaboration and with financial support and guidance from the US Agency for International Development (USAID) and additional support from Global Affairs Canada.
Applicants are encouraged to consider the use of technology, innovative models, as well as other bold strategies to improve linkages to treatment, increasing the number of people started on all-oral regimens, or improve the treatment success of people initiating DR-TB treatments. Coordination with national partners will be critical for successful applicants as no financial support for second-line drugs will be provided through the TB REACH grants.
In Wave 9, seek proposals that will focus on one of three areas:
- Reduce pre-treatment loss to follow up for people with DR-TB.
- Implementation of all oral DR-TB treatment regimens.
- Improving treatment adherence and outcomes for people with DR-TB.
- In Wave 9, all awarded projects will have a grant ceiling of USD 600,000.
- Applicants submitting proposals in this wave must be local, non-governmental organizations from USAID TB priority countries.
For more information, visit Call for Proposals.