Call for Proposals under BIPP Scheme
About the Organization:
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) is a not-for-profit Section 8, Schedule B, Public Sector Enterprise, set up by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India as an Interface Agency to strengthen and empower the emerging Biotech enterprise to undertake strategic research and innovation, addressing nationally relevant product development needs.
Key Features of the Call:
Under the present call, proposals are invited ONLY in the following PRIORITY AREAS:
Import Substitutes –
BIRAC through its programmes has been playing a pivotal role in strengthening the biotech sector across the entire product development chain. BIRAC through its flagship schemes has been supporting projects from industries and academia across various field of biotechnology such as devices, diagnostics, drug, drug delivery, biotherapeutics, stem cells and regenerative medicine, vaccines, industrial biotechnology, veterinary sciences, aquaculture, agriculture and secondary agriculture.
In order to boost the Indian Biotechnology sector and promote the research and development in key areas of biotechnology, through this call, emphasis is being laid on development of indigenous technologies and products. Keeping up with the mandate of “Atmanirbhar Bharat” and realizing the potential of Indian Biotech Ecosystem in making India self-reliant and self-sustainable, proposals are invited from eligible companies, LLPs and academia in the following areas:
- Components of diagnostic kits including reagents, probes, primers and other components needed for diagnostics
- Development of novel technologies for production of monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic applications and diagnostics
- New methods/technologies for Vaccine delivery and Cold chain distribution of Vaccines
- Cost effective production technologies for Industrially relevant bio-based import substitutes
- NGS based workflows for high volume screening including mutation detection
- Technologies to enhance shelf life of packaged foods
- Field usable diagnostic kits for disease and algal toxins relevant to aquaculture
- Microfluidics based diagnostics relevant to Veterinary Sciences
- Cost effective production technologies for APIs, intermediates, high value products, polymers, surfactants, fine chemicals, dyes, pigments, flavors and fragrances
- Repurposing of Drugs
Plant and Soil Health Management –
Agriculture plays a vital role in the Indian economy with over 70 per cent of the rural households depending on agriculture for their livelihoods. Agriculture contributes to around 17-18% of the country’s GDP and provides employment to around 60% of the population. Though important, the sector hasn’t been able to perform to its potential. To meet the forthcoming demand and challenges, there is an urgent need to develop and adopt new eco-friendly technologies for increasing our crop productivity.
It is in this background that the present Call for Proposals has been announced in the field of Plant diagnostics and Soil Health Management. The specific topics covered under the call are as below:
- Soil Health Appraisal
- Plant Health Assessment & Monitoring
Who Can Apply?
1) The proposals can be submitted:
- Solely by an Indian Company*
- Jointly by an Indian Company and National R&D Organizations and Institutions; or
- By a group of Indian Companies along with National Research Organizations etc.
- An Indian Company is defined as one which is registered under the Indian Companies Act, 2013 and minimum 51% of the shares of the Company should be held by Indian Citizens holding Indian passport (Indian Citizens do not include Person of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) holders
2) The Applicant Company should either:
- Have adequate in-house facility to address the project implementation (which shall be evaluated during the site visit) or
- Incubated with any of the recognized Incubation Facility
For any queries, please contact: Head – Investment: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31-03-2021 05:30 PM
For more information please check the Link